Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Beauty and the Tragedy

*deep breath* Okay. I am nervous about talking about this because I do not know what people will think but I am almost done with the first chapter and I wanted to tell everyone about this newest story I am working on. It is called The Beauty and the Tragedy and I have decided to add another installment to the popular "Wonderwall" series that I have created. This particular story will follow Danny Aldridge and River Conway, Abe and Cecilia's daughter.

The Beauty and the Tragedy by Kate
River Conway is seventeen years old and has never had a boyfriend. Staying the summer at his house, she asks Danny Aldridge to teach her about relationships and sex. The arrangement starts simple enough until love enters the picture.

I want to write this story because I wanted a story that is about first love - the innocence and the excitement about it all. A Slow Burn is dark, The Nicest Thing and Between the Lines is angst-filled, and The Flower Girl is mysterious and supernatural. I wanted to work on a story for a while that is about those first-time moments in our lives that wind up changing us. There will be drama in this story but it will also be terribly sweet and romantic.

Some tidbits going into it - Many things have changed in the Wonderwall world:

- Abe and Cecilia have moved to Providence to raise their two children, River and Grant. He no longer speaks to Chase and he has rare contact with his other friends back in Boston.

- Nikki is married to Chase. Her relationship with both Chase and Lawson will be explained.

- This story is going to cover several years - something I have never done before but something I am excited to try.

- Though this story is about teenagers (though we will eventually see them in their twenties), Danny and River act maturely. I promise.

Please let me know what you think. If no one is really interested in this, I will just put it on the backburner for a while. Writing this does not mean that I am putting a hold on any of my other stories. I just need to take a break from them and write something that makes me smile and makes my characters smile too.

River

Danny

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow kate this is something i know that i would love to read, not that i hate anything you write lol. no but seriously, i cant wait to read this! :)

Anonymous said...

Awe Kate,

Don't be nervous. I think it's a great idea and I would love to read it. I can't wait to catch up with the gang and their kids and future kids. Go for it do what makes you happy! Thank you for even wanting to write it.

7years

Anonymous said...

this is definitely something I would love to read, Kate, you have no worries.

sorry I haven't been able to review any of your stories lately, but i did read them, i promise. i was away on vacation and for some reason my laptop wouldn't let me review :S it's working now, so I'm going to review every single one of your stories that I missed while I was away!

I can't wait for this story, it really interests me.

~Alessandra

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read this new story. You write anything, I'll read it. A phone book? I'm there. I'm looking forward to catching up with some of your older characters and seeing what they're up to.
-Steph

Anonymous said...

I'M SO EXCITED TO READ THIS! BRING IT ON! PLEASE POST SOON!

~Michelle

Anonymous said...

This is exciting, Kate! I think I will be re-reading the wonderwall stories before this starts.

Kina

Anonymous said...

All your ideas turn into amazing stories...I cant wait for this one!

S. Normal said...

I love the idea. Your ability to create stories in a semblance of a series is amazing. Continuing the stories and characters make me, as a reader, feel more connected to the characters. I always feel that push for happiness. After your last story in the Wonderwall series a new one sounds perfect.

Anonymous said...

even though I, of course, cannot wait to read about River and Danny, could you remind us their age by the way ^^ there is a character list on 'some kind of wonderful' but not their ages, I also really want to know what happen between Lawson and Nikky since I loved together as a couple and since they have children Asher
Charlotte & Michael, or maybe are you "erasing" those elements to start a new Nikky/Chase relationship.

Do whatever you like, you are the boss XD
bulma-veggie

Anonymous said...

I think that is a really brilliant idea, I can't wait to read it! I love reading about these characters, because these stories always involve or mention characters we're very familiar with and characters we love, so I'm very excited. Plus, the plot sounds like it could be very interesting indeed :D So can't wait now!

Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! I love this story idea. I think it'll be great to read something that includes all those little moments when first falling in love. And I'd love to catch up with the characters in the Wonderwall series! :)

dee

Anonymous said...

God I come back from holidays & there is a million & one things to catch up on!

I think this story sounds amazing, I love first love stories! The only thing i'm not so keen on is the Nikki/Chase bit, I adored Nikki & Lawson together but its your story so i'll so skim past those bits if you don't mind ;) I really want to see what happened with Abe too!?

I'm so excited to see where this story goes, i'm really looking forward to reading it. Now i'm gonna try & catch up on everything in the middle of unpacking :D

Happy writing!

L x

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to read this!

But there is just one thing I'm confused about. If Abe and Cecilia don't keep in contact with Justin and Poppy and the rest of their friends, why is River staying with the Aldridges?

Maybe I missed something?

Anyway I do really want to read this. I love Wonderwall and any spin-off story from that one is going to be great!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited!
I'm excited!
I'm excited!

Please write this. I can't wait to read it already after reading the summary.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea behind this story, but im mega curious about the Nikki/Chase relationship, cos in Some Kind Of Wonderful, Nikki was married to Lawson and they had kids didn't they? Im also not really sure i like the idea of a Nikki/Chase relationship, i was really happy when they broke up.
Im also slightly confused about the timeline, because wasn't Abe the surgeon when Ali and Brady were in that accident?
But im intrigued by the river/danny relationship, and can't wait to read about that.