Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Unexpected Update

I don't think anyone was expecting this but I rewrote the first chapter of The Prettiest Thing and posted it on AFF.net so you can re-read it here. I actually have the first four chapters planned out which means I suppose my inspiration for the story has returned. I will not post the second chapter though until I have completed A Fairy Tale. Read Brett and Ella's story for me and let me know what you think of the rewrite if you have not yet. This story is going to be very pop-culture driven with a lot of music, movies and random celebrity references thrown in. Pop-culture has become such a huge part of youth today that I wanted to incorporate it in one of my stories. Be on the look out for more updates. Thank you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't wait to read it. You Spoil US.

Shanna

Anonymous said...

Like I said over on AFF, I think I'm going to love this story. I remember when you first posted the chapter a while back and I really liked it and thought it had good potential, so now I'm so excited for the next few chapters! :)

Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate,

I'm happy your inspiration has returned for "The Prettiest Thing". I would hug you if I could. Thank you! I also like the idea of having it pop culture driven. Who knows maybe I'll learn something because I'm a little behind on the pop culture thing.

I couldn't believe it either that Health Ledger died. I always admire him in the roles that he picked because it was so diverse. From "10 Things I Hate About You" to "Broke Back Mountain". I think the entertainment business lost a great talent. "The Wedding Party" summary sounds like a good sentimental one shot.

I just watched "More Than Anyone" video by bulma-veggie and I would like to congratulate her on making such a romantic video. I was laughing when she hesitated with the time after time song, haha. Kate, I think it is awesome how bulma-veggie had some of your writing in the video. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm going to go read the eighth chapter of "A Fairy Tale" and the revised version of "The Prettiest Thing".

7years

Hina said...

Oooo...I remember when I read this story a long time ago. I was wondering when you were going to update it but figured that you'd lost your muse.

I'm really excited about it...like Shanna said above, you really do spoil us!

Anonymous said...

are you in contact with tirch at all?

Anonymous said...

I am going to be honest, I haven't notice anything different with the story from the last chapter but never the less, I still love it. I can't wait to see what in store for these charaters. You are Brillent. Of course I can wait because I love Fariytale as well. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't read this story yet because I wasn't sure if it was a "work-in-progress" or if you had given up on it. Now that I know that you will eventually finish it, I'll start looking out for updates.
I really liked the first chapter. I think it is a great opening for a great story. You truly have a gift as a writer :D